We are able to offer a Borehole drilling service which is provided by an associated contractor who has many years of experience in the field.
Under existing law it is permissible to extract a maximum of 20,000 litres of water from a borehole every day.
If a borehole drilling quotation is required the following process would be followed:
- A geological survey of the site obtained from the British Geological Survey (BGS) this survey will provide detailed information about the geological structure in the area together with an estimate of the location and depth of underground water reserves. It will also include data that has been collected from borehole drilling companies that may have successfully found water in the area.
- The cost of the survey would be chargeable to the client at the time of ordering.
- Once the survey has been received it can be passed onto our associated drilling company in order that an estimate can be prepared.
- The quantity and quality of the water available can only be assessed once the borehole shaft has been drilled and a test pump has been carried out.
- A mains water back up supply would normally be recommended.
- An automated system would be installed to ensure that borehole water is always used before the mains water back up supply is triggered.